Now Available in All Dioceses
Members of the Church of Ireland can support communities all over the world this Christmas by purchasing a Bishops’ Appeal calendar. For just €10/£10, the calendar will raise funds to make a difference on the ground throughout 2019. It commemorates the Disestablishment of the Church of Ireland – the 150th anniversary of which starts next year – and each month provides a reflection from its bishops on issues or projects that have been supported by Bishops’ Appeal over the years.
The Rt Revd Patrick Rooke, Chair of the Bishops’ Appeal Advisory Committee, said: ‘2019 marks the 150th anniversary of the Disestablishment of the Church of Ireland. Throughout those 150 years, this Church has worked to support the disadvantaged in some of the poorest parts of the world. The calendar is both a celebration of that partnership but also a reminder of how life is for so many. Those who purchase a calendar will be supporting this ongoing work as we seek to bring relief to disaster situations as well as supporting health, education and rural development projects.’
Calendars can be purchased in the following ways:
- Online at https://store.ireland.anglican.org/donations/the-bishops-appeal and then by choosing the most convenient collection point or adding €4/£4 for postage to your preferred address. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with delivery instructions.
- By cheque made payable to Bishops’ Appeal and sent to Church of Ireland House, Church Avenue, Rathmines, Dublin 6. Please enclose a note that it is for purchase of a calendar.
- Exact payment on collection except where otherwise stated – from selected collection points only (listed below)
- Lydia Monds, Church of Ireland House, Church Avenue, Rathmines, Dublin 6 – 01 4125 610 (email@example.com)
- Armagh: The Revd Elizabeth Stevenson, Bishops’ Appeal representative – 028 3885 1503.
- Cashel, Ferns and Ossory: Denise Hughes, Diocesan Office, The Palace Coach House, Church Lane, Kilkenny.
- Clogher: Diocesan Office, Hall’s Lane, Enniskillen.
- Connor: Audra Irvine, Diocesan Office, 61-67 Donegall Street, Belfast (Collection only. Please pay online or send a cheque to Bishops’ Appeal to cover the cost of your calendar).
- Cork, Cloyne and Ross: Billy Skuse, Diocesan Office, St Nicholas’ House, 14 Cove Street, Cork, or Andrew Coleman, Bishops’ Appeal representative (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Derry and Raphoe: Diocesan Office, London Street, Londonderry.
- Down and Dromore: Tracey Taggart, Diocesan Office, 61-67 Donegall Street, Belfast (Collection only. Please pay online or send a cheque to Bishops’ Appeal to cover the cost of your calendar).
- Dublin and Glendalough: Sylvia Heggie, Diocesan Office, Church of Ireland House, Church Avenue, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
- Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh: Sarah Taylor, Diocesan Office, 20A Market Street, Cootehill, Co. Cavan.
- Limerick and Killaloe: Available from St Mary’s Cathedral, Bridge Street, Limerick.
- Meath and Kildare: Karen Seaman, Diocesan Office, Moyglare, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
- Tuam, Killala and Achonry: Canon Jennifer McWhirter, Bishops’ Appeal representative – 096 60829.